Thursday, September 9, 2010

Loving this time of year!






I love when the season's change from summer to fall....the crispness in the air, the color of the sky seems more vibrant, and the fun foods that accompany fall! It only takes one night of feeling a tad cooler and I am ready for a smore! I can't count the number of times growing up that we hosted hot dog roast at our home and invited our friends and family over for a fun night around the fire. Anyone that knows me, knows I do not like to eat hot dogs, but I will never pass up a good ole' smore...and I want a burnt marshmallow at that! So this past Sunday night we had our first smore of the season. Finley loves corn on the cob so we had some of that too, just for him:) He doesn't like to be sticky, so the baby wipes stayed near because he had marshmallows everywhere! He sat in his chair around the fire just like the rest of us, of course he didn't stay there long, just enough time for me to get a quick picture. I love times like this! Other than a few mosquito bites, it was a great evening! I hope Finley grows up enjoying simple pleasures like this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment