Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dreams and Desires Refined

It was one year ago this month that God began charting a new path for me to take, and this week I have been thanking Him over and over again for allowing me to fulfill a dream of being a stay at home mom! Last night I was looking back at my calendar from last year( trying to figure out some info for taxes) I looked at March, April ,May, etc..and I thought how in the world did I keep up? and that was just it, I wasn't able to. I felt like I was failing at everything that I was involved in. A miserable feeling! So in June I started my new role of staying home with my boys ALL DAY! Transitions are always a little challenging, not only physically but also on the heart. But my sweet Jesus continued to work out all the details and we gradually slid into our new normal and have been sliding around in it ever since.
Sometimes I still can't believe that I get to wake up every morning and set a schedule for just me and my boys....such freedom! I don't ever want to take this for granted because I know very soon they will be in school and schedules will be shoved our way from all directions. So for now I will be thankful for our simple life playing with transformers, play dough  angry bird stuffed animals and mac and cheese for lunch- Finley:) and for Cohen , we are all about balls( and if it is round at all, then it must be a ball and he thinks he needs it) and lots of holding and rocking with " my bankie" Even though some days it feels like I am just being a referee because I am in the middle of some discipline years, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I will embrace this season and all its joys!
Micah 6:8 He has shown you O man, what is good and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with Your God.
My sweet sons, this is my prayer for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment